Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Perfect Visit Home.

I decided, almost last minute, to go home and spend a few days with my family for a few days this past week.  I had a test Tuesday night and promptly drove home immediately after class.
I was so jazzed to be with my family.  I hadn't made a trip like this in such a long time.
No holiday plans. Alone, no Mike. Best friends were not in town.
Basically, I had no agenda.
Which is amazing, and it never happens!
Favorite Moments From My Time Home
  • My Mema giving me the most thoughtful birthday presents-A train case that belonged to my great grandma and 2 beautiful aprons from an antique shop.
  • Thinking I was going to be able to sleep in, but my mom waking me up bright and early everyday so as not to waste our time together.
  • Being seriously the clumsiest person ever and falling into the tub, bringing the shower curtain down with me and getting it wrapped around me.
  • My youngest sister begging to give me a pedicure, and it turning out gorgeous!
  • My dad cooking entirely too much food every time I see him. Seriously! Friday night-4 feet of sausage (I am not kidding, it was 4 ft.) hamburgers, hotdogs, fried potatoes, broccoli & cauliflower salad, cottage cheese, coleslaw, grilled veggies. See, I told you I wasn't kidding.
  • Hearing the funny things little kids say. "This commercial has been on so long." Referring to an infomercial. "Untie this balloon, I want to put the air back in my belly and float around." You get the picture.
  • Birch Run Outlets.  Somehow I had taken them for granted, having grown up right next to them, and have not made a good trip there in years.  It was my time.
  • Swimming pools.
  • My mom seeing a "Kitty Purry" shirt in a store (it has a cat on the front wearing braces, glasses, etc.) and trying to buy it for me, telling my brother, and I quote, "Shouldn't Rand wear this? It's her..a nerd cat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment