I was so jazzed to be with my family. I hadn't made a trip like this in such a long time.
No holiday plans. Alone, no Mike. Best friends were not in town.
Basically, I had no agenda.
Which is amazing, and it never happens!
Favorite Moments From My Time Home
- My Mema giving me the most thoughtful birthday presents-A train case that belonged to my great grandma and 2 beautiful aprons from an antique shop.
- Thinking I was going to be able to sleep in, but my mom waking me up bright and early everyday so as not to waste our time together.
- Being seriously the clumsiest person ever and falling into the tub, bringing the shower curtain down with me and getting it wrapped around me.
- My youngest sister begging to give me a pedicure, and it turning out gorgeous!
- My dad cooking entirely too much food every time I see him. Seriously! Friday night-4 feet of sausage (I am not kidding, it was 4 ft.) hamburgers, hotdogs, fried potatoes, broccoli & cauliflower salad, cottage cheese, coleslaw, grilled veggies. See, I told you I wasn't kidding.
- Hearing the funny things little kids say. "This commercial has been on so long." Referring to an infomercial. "Untie this balloon, I want to put the air back in my belly and float around." You get the picture.
- Birch Run Outlets. Somehow I had taken them for granted, having grown up right next to them, and have not made a good trip there in years. It was my time.
- Swimming pools.
- My mom seeing a "Kitty Purry" shirt in a store (it has a cat on the front wearing braces, glasses, etc.) and trying to buy it for me, telling my brother, and I quote, "Shouldn't Rand wear this? It's her..a nerd cat!"